What Compliance and Ethics Program resources are available to assist me?
1. Compliance and Privacy Officer - The Compliance and Privacy Officer is available to answer policy questions, assist you in avoiding compliance risks, and help you meet your compliance responsibilities. If you have questions about following the ethical course of action, contact Vin Lacovara, University Compliance and Privacy Officer, at (202) 319-6170 or CUA-COMPLIANCE@CUA.EDU.
3. University Policies – Policies provide guidance for specific activities so that we act in accordance with applicable laws, and in a way that supports the mission and core values of the University.
4. Compliance and Ethics Helpline – If you suspect a potential violation of law or University policy you should report your concerns to your supervisor, to the Univerity personnel responsible for your area of concern, or to the Compliance and Privacy Officer. If you are uncomfortable using these normal administrive channels you may use the Compliance and Ethics Helpline. The Helpline is a method for reporting potential violations of laws or policies and for seeking compliance guidance, and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may remain anonymous if you wish. Reports may be made toll free at (855) 350-9396 or online at www.thecatholicuniversityofamerica.ethicspoint.com. All good faith reports, regardless of whether they are substantiated, may be made free from fear of retaliation per the University’s Non-Retaliation Policy.
5. Online Legal Resources - The Campus Legal Information Clearinghouse (CLIC) and Compliance Partner Websites – provide directories of laws and supporting materials organized by subject matter and responsible personnel. Use these resources to identify the laws you and your department are responsible for. The information on each of these pages will not include confidential information relative to the University's compliance performance, but are a reference tool.
6. Compliance Awareness Training – This training provides an introduction to common compliance risks, and provides greater detail regarding the resources listed here. The University-wide training session is available online at http://training.cua.edu/compliance/. Contact the Compliance and Privacy Officer at (202) 319-6170 or CUA-COMPLIANCE@CUA.EDU to schedule an in-person training session tailored to the needs of your unit. A full list of training offered by the Office of Human Resources is available at http://humanresources.cua.edu/training/generaltraining.cfm.